Friday, February 23, 2007

Sanctuary in Simplicity

Lately my meditations have felt less inspiring. I’m easily distracted in both sitting and active mediations. It occurs to me that I have been way too distracted by pursuits such as finding my purpose, amongst other things. These pursuits are ego driven and at this point, my ego is way too undisciplined to be trusted. I must make it a priority to go back to basics and simply watch my world. No more, no less.

My life needs simplicity. My only intention is to simply observe the stillness in everything. With no judgments of any kind, I will just silently watch my true self and the world around me.

Once my ego gets out of obedience training, together, well look into finding the proper balance between stillness and desire.

Simplicity is a wonderful gift.

No comments: