Thursday, March 1, 2007

Origins of Veggie Boy

While I am not one for “dieting”, I am all about an effective health regime. While quite unpopular, my regime has been quite effective.

Why is it an unpopular diet? Mainly because it consists of about 60% raw fruits and vegetables, 10% raw almonds and walnuts and 30% protein (mainly poultry). I also drink tons of green tea, white tea, red tea, you name the color and I'll probubly drink it. In a nutshell, I try to make sure the majority of what I eat is as close to nature as possible. My big no-nos are dairy, “bad fats”, sugar, refined rice, bread and pasta. My wife tells me that my regime is similar to The Zone but I don’t concern myself with such details. I prefer to call my regime simply trying to be healthy.

How is it such an effective diet? Well, I feel fantastic! I haven’t been sick once in the last 2 years of doing this diet. My overall health and energy has increased ten-fold. And yes, I did lose quite a bit of weight. I went from 265 lbs to 175 lbs but that was just a side benefit.

My disclaimer is that I am not always “perfect” – yes there are times when I eat things that don’t make me feel my best (sweets are my nemesis!) but I try to keep it to a minimum since I feel like garbage after eating garbage. Also, this diet was not something that I just started one day – it evolved into what it is now basically by reading various articles, websites, books on human longevity and trial and error. For healthy living I highly recommend Dr. Mercola’s website.

My new motto: Just concern yourself with health and the weight will take care of itself.

Soon I will add more posts (and before and after pictures) with some details and tips on how to enjoy a healthier eating regime.
 

No comments: