Thursday, February 22, 2007

2 Steps Forward, 3 Steps Back

For the last few years my life has been going quite well .. relatively speaking. I have a decent job as a programmer that pays pretty well. My family is happy and healthy. We own a home and we've even bought a rental property (just for good measure). I have also become quite physically fit. Even emotionally, I am quite happy and stable .. or so I thought.

Lately, I've been reevaluating my situation on all fronts and it occurs to me that perhaps things are not as they seem. What if everything I have and everything that I am working for is the product of my expectations? What if the job, the home, the state of mind I am currently experiencing is the direct result of what I think is possible?

Perhaps, I've been thinking too 'small'. What if instead of my goals being 'getting that promotion while working for the man', my new goal is to enjoy financial independence while living a life that flows with my true purpose .. whatever that may be.

I digress. I will slow down some of my old, perhaps limiting drives, in search of new ones more in line with my potential. The what's and how's I do not know but when I figure it out, you'll be the first to know.

No comments: